Friday, April 30, 2010

T-Ball







This week was Kale's first T-ball game. He had so much fun and was having a hard time sleeping leading up to it all. It was really fun to watch him and all the little kids play. They played 3 innings and everybody got a turn to bat each time. It was so cute when they played in the field because all the kids would go for the ball no matter where it was hit. Lots of the kids have new gloves so that made it really hard to pick the ball up with the glove. They all had a lot of fun and We could tell that a lot of the little boys were having a hard time running after the 3rd. They will soon get used to having a cup on. Kale's Thursday game got rain/snowed out. So he is looking forward to next Tuesday till he gets to play again. GO KALE GO!

Seeings how my post is all able Kale I have 1 more story I have to share. 2 weeks ago on Monday I has still quite sick with Strep. Shane had left for working and I was just hoping that I would be able to make it through the day. That morning well watching there cartoons Livy came up to me and she was throwing up in her hands. So down we ran to the bathroom. YA! I was thinking to myself. Then she said she was feeling better so up we went for breakfast. Not thinking to much about it the kids all started eating. Well within minutes she was throwing up all over the kitchen, up the stairs, and into the bathroom. At that point all I could do was cry. I didn't think I could handle this all today. So as I am upstairs cleaning the bathroom and getting Livy into the Tub. I come out of the bathroom and made my way down stairs. Well to my surprise there is my very helpful, tenderhearted big boy cleaning up all the throw up in the kitchen. All I could do was cry. We knew that I was feeling so sick and he just wanted to help out. He was such a great help to me that week and all the time. He is so great to help out and does things all the time with out having to be asked. I love you Kale and am grateful for the example you are to our whole family.

5 comments:

Marlan said...

Go Kale Go! It is fun to see your baseball pictures. You are such a good helper for your mom too!

Krissy said...

Ahhh, that makes me tear up. Kids can surprise you at those most needed moments.

Russell and Johanna Anderson said...

Kale you look like a great baseball player! You look good in dark blue too. I think your good at every sport but you have fun doing this one......And remember just like we talked about....you just have fun and don't worry about who wins.....that only matters in hockey right?
You are a very helpful big boy, that's so nice to hear that you are being a big helper to your mommy! love you

Jewel said...

What a great helper you are Kale. Good thing you are the oldest and can set such a great example. Loved seeing Kale in uniform!! Looks super fun!

Lorin said...

Way to knock it out of the park Kale!